HELPFUL HINTS & FAQS
What to do if you are involved in an accident:
1. Stop. Stay calm. Do not leave the scene.
2. Call law enforcement authorities immediately.
3. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your insurance company. Do not pay the other party.
4. Secure the names and addresses of involved parties and witnesses.
5. Have your vehicle towed to Corlettt Auto Retoration if not driveable. If your vehicle is driveable, see us as soon as possible.
6. Notify your insurance company of the accident and that we are doing your repairs
7. CLICK HERE for a printable fact card that you can use if you are involved in an accident. You may with to print it out and keep it in your glove compartment.
Facts you should know:
1. You are not required to get more than one estimate.
2. You may have the shop of your choice make the repairs. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them.
3. Only you, the vehicle owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
4. Repair estimates will vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary things. It's your vehicle, make sure it's repaired to your satisfaction.
5. Your insurance company wants your vehicle properly repaired and you to be completely satisfied with their claims service. You have specific rights and obligations. Review your policy. Understand your rights.
6. The vehicle is being repaired for you the owner. You will be required to pay for the repairs upon completion. To avoid delays, it will be up to you to secure payment from your insurance company, along with any necessary endorsements from lien holders.
7. Our shop stands ready to assist you in any of these matters. We will work closely with you to minimize your inconvenience and maximize your satisfaction. This is our pledge to you.
How to protect your vehicle finish:
1. Avoid car washes that use rotating brushes and harsh cleaners. Use soft cloths when washing your vehicle.
2. Avoid waxing for three months after being repainted. It is recommended that you wax at least twice a year.
3. Wash off any gas, oil, or fluid spills of any kind immediately with soap and water. Do not just wipe off.
4. Always wash off any bird droppings, tree sap, or other signs of contamination immediately. This is very important to protect your paint.